Thursday, March 1, 2012



As the title of this blog suggests, this is the year I make good on all the craft projects I've started and abandoned. I have boxes of half-knit sweaters, of pattern pieces cut out but not sewn, of patchwork quilts pieced but not quilted. I have notebooks filled with sketches of projects I want to start - and in most cases have even gone out to buy the materials, only to be sidetracked onto something else, leaving the original idea in the dust. 
Case in point: I set the (probably unrealistic) goal of finishing my first needlepoint project in time for my daughter's first birthday, which is now just a few short weeks away. If I really dedicated myself to it, I could probably accomplish it, but once again, my attention has been diverted. As Spring looms, and R's wardrobe shrinks as she grows, I decided what I really should be doing is knitting her a lightweight sweater to keep the chill away. The needlepoint can wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment