Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Growing up, we had a Happy Birthday banner that my mom made for us out of construction paper, each letter cut out of a different color. On birthday mornings, we would come downstairs to find it hanging in the dining room. It was such a simple thing, but I realized how important it was to me when E suggested that we buy r a generic birthday banner for her party. No way! I had to make her one myself - it was family tradition. So, this is the banner that we will store away in a secret spot and pull out once a year on her special day from now until 2029 (what!?) Being the way I am, I decided to make it all a bit more complicated than the simple construction paper letters my mom made, but I think it's still in touch with it's humble roots.







Happy birthday little r. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment