Friday, March 16, 2012

Little r got these new/used sneakers this week and I love to see them on her. They are her first pair of real shoes and I am amazed by how grown up she looks when she wears them. Somehow, real shoes take her out of babyhood and make her a real little person. She is turning one year old this weekend and I am really looking forward to it. I thought this milestone was going to bring on nostalgia and longing for the little baby I once had who has now grown so big (she wears shoes!), but really, I'm relieved. I loved caring for a little, little baby, but truthfully I found months 7-11 pretty hard. I'm glad to be out of them and excited for what's to come. Though - if my sister's experience can be any insight - I hear months 12-24 are no walk in the park either. . .

1 comment:

  1. Don't those look almost exactly like the shoes you almost bought here in Seattle? You two could be twins!

    ReplyDelete