Thursday, March 15, 2012

My mom makes the best banana bread. I think it's from her old Betty Crocker cookbook. It's moist and sweet. Really sweet. Whenever I make it, E insists on calling it banana cake instead of bread and will take his for dessert rather than breakfast. I decided to try a sugar free version to suite his palette and to make it baby friendly for little r. It could probably use a few minor tweaks, but mostly I think it's a pretty delicious alternative. 
Preheat the oven to 350.
Starting with soft butter, beat until creamy. Add the eggs and beat until mixed. Then add the banana and applesauce (you may want to add a little water here too). Add remaining ingredients. Beat until combined.
Cook in a small bread pan for 1 hour
Easy as cake.

 I tried to get a picture of little r eating her piece, but by the time I came back with the camera, this was all that was left. 

1 comment:

  1. I guess that means there won't be any slices left when we come out in April :(

    ReplyDelete